Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chapter 34 - Crazy Little Thing Called Hate

           I knew if I wanted to get information about anyone; all I had to do was turn to Brinson. Within a few minutes of her hands flying across her phone she had just what I needed.
"SHE TOTALLY CHEATED ON HIM!" She screamed, her phone flying at me full speed.
"BRINSON" I hissed, throwing a pillow at her. "Raven's in the other room she can hear us!" It was risky business digging up dirt on my sister, especially how she could enter the room at any given moment.


      The other night at Maguire's , Lavar couldn't help but flirt his way into getting Brinson's phone number.  This was the only time we've found him useful.
I read the text to make sure I was totally clear on this information.
"They dated for a while last year" it read. "They kept it kind of quiet because they didn't want Remus to get all big brother on Brenton". Understandable. "But she cheated on him with some guy in college.  When Brenton found out, he freaked  and dumped her.  She went nuts about it!"





           This seemed like something Raven would do . She can get pretty psycho when things don't go her way. But her saying that Brenton was off limits was ridiculous ! We aren't dating, but when the time comes, who is he going to chose ?
I guess there was only one way to find out. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I was walking down the hall way during study hall when Lyle came out of one of the science rooms.  We looked at each other for a moment before he registered who I was.
"Oh hey!" He said, stopping in his tracks. "What are you doing out of class?"
"I have a flex period right now" I replied.  A flex period is basically a study hall where people are supposed to do their homework and study, but most kids leave campus to make out or well illegal activities.

"What about you. Ditching I suppose?" I said with a laugh, knowing all too well that he was not the kind to ditch.
"Heading to the library to catch up on some biology study time" he laughed. "You can call me a nerd now."
I smiled and told him that I was off to do the same thing.


_____________________________________________________________________________


"What am I going to do with her" I said out loud to particularly no one . I paced the bathroom thinking of ways that my little princess sister could get what she deserved, which was anything possibly horrible.




"Maybe you could try to get Brenton back" Rita replied to my question that still hung in the air. "He would go for you, you're like so much prettier than Jay. She's too much of a goodie goodie."
I smiled at Rita to let her know I acknowledged her idea. But it wouldn't do. I didn't want Brenton, or need him for that matter. I could do without him.  I just didn't like seeing other girls with Ulasyia High's most wanted guy. Especially my sister, after he dumped me.



_____________________________________________________________________________


"So you don't like gardening?" He questioned me. "I can tell you don't" He laughed.
"No, I don't . And how can you tell that ?" We were helping each other study for a big biology test and the more comfortable we got with each other, the more Lyle came out of his shell.
"I just can't see you getting on your knees working with your hands" He said, studying a chart on punctuated equilibrium.
I don't think I've ever laughed that hard. Not only did that sound completely dirty, but he was oblivious to it.




He looked up at me, about to question my sudden burst of laughter when it hit him, and he joined in too.
" I didn't mean it like that, I swear!" He said covering up his mouth to try to muffle the sound.  The librarian was now starting to give us glances under her thick rimmed glasses.
"You're really funny, you know that?" I said packing my notes back into my folder.
He blushed a red that could match perfectly with his hair. "You're the only one that seems to think so.
"What do you mean?" I asked. But before  I could answer, my ever-loving sister walked by giving me the most stuck up snare she could possibly muster.





I stared hard right back.  With a flick of her hair she was on her way just as she came, continuing a conversation with her gang of friends.
"What was that about?" Lyle asked, his face now returned to its normal shade.
"Just sisterly love" I replied, packing my things up to leave. Lyle was silent, as he did not know what to say. But what was there to say?
"Thanks for helping me study" I said , getting ready to leave.
"It's nothing," he said. "Maybe we can do this again sometime? You know to better our chances on getting an A?"




"Of course!" I replied. I took out a piece of paper and tore off an edge. "Here's my number," I said writing down my seven digits. "Text me and we can figure out a time."
He smiled and took the ripped paper from my hand. "Sounds like a plan."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Stopped the girls right when we left the library. 
"That poor Lyle,  such a sweet kid that's falling for the wrong girl. Doesn't he know she's pretty much taken?" I turned my head for a dramatic effect.
"He is really nice. Kind of a nerd though if you think about it," Brittney replied, picking at her split ends.
I looked through the windows of the library doors at them. Jay was giving her number to Lyle.
Now if I could just get the word to Brenton that Jay was getting feelings for little Lyle. How devastated would he be to find that Jay was just like her loving older sister..



No comments:

Post a Comment