Sunday, June 3, 2012

Chapter 33 - Someone Like You


~Note before you read. 
The pictures go with the writing above it. 
Sorry if this confuses anyone it just feels right for me O.o


LOLZ SO HERE'S A FUNNY PICTURE FOR MORE CONFUSION






Anywayzzz,



Chapter 33 - Someone Like You



I still wasn't sure why Brenton was off limits. What she said bugged me, but I couldn't  gather the courage to confront her about it. I had an idea, and I'm pretty sure I was right.

I've been roaming around 
Always looking down at all I see,






I was walking in the park  for some fresh air to clear my confusion before I called Brenton. I wanted to ask him if he had anything in the past with my sister. I rehearsed in my mind what I was going to say, how I would ask it, and prepared for the worst.

Painted faces, fill the places I can't reach 






 About to pull out my phone, I noticed someone standing not too far away.  He looked a little confused and a little familiar.
I looked at him a little harder trying to remember why he looked sooo familiar. I was so caught up in my jumbled mind that I didn't notice how I was just standing there, staring at him completely. What makes this worse is that he was staring back now, probably confused on why I was starting at him.
You know that I could use somebody, 
You know that I could use somebody 





"Hi.." I said awkwardly, phone still in hand.
He shifted his weight to his other leg and ran his fingers through is red hair. "Do you need something..or ...?"
I was so uncomfortable by this point. What the heck was I supposed to say? Oh Hey! I'm Jay, and I'm staring at you because you look familiar?

Someone like you, And all you know, And how you speak 




I stood there as we watched me waiting for a reply, and  I said exactly what came to my mind.
"Sorry, you just looked familiar for a second and I was just trying to remember..."
He gave a short laugh that cut me off. I was greatfull for that because I had no idea where my mouth was taking me.
"We've went to the same school since fourth grade."
I remembered him now.


Countless lovers under cover of the street 
 
































"I feel really stupid now" I said. I couldn't possibly hide the fact that my brain did a  total black out on who we was when we were bio partners the other month. Somehow I always make myself out to be a complete idiot.
"It's fine" he said looking around, and then past me.  "Well I'll see you around".
He walked off making me wonder about him, when I felt  someone coming up behind me.
You know that I could use somebody 

You know that I could use somebody 






"Hello, gorgeous,"  a minty voice whispered from behind me. "What are you doing here all by yourself?"
Someone like you 




~~~~~~~~
Seeing Jay at the park took a stab at my confidence level a little bit. How could she seriously not know me if I've passed her in the halls a million times.


Off in the night, while you live it up, I'm off to sleep Waging wars to shape the poet and the beat 



 I was walking home from the park and couldn't believe what had just happened. I swear I've talked to her a million times. It kinda hurt knowing that one of the most amazing girls you could ever know could be so struck on some dumb jock.
It's funny what society can do to you  .






I hope it's gonna make you notice ,

I hope it's gonna make you notice
 ~~~
"Oh!" I jumped away, but I couldn't help but to laugh. "You kinda scared me there!" I said playfully shoving him.
"Relax, " he said coolly. "I was just on a walk and noticed you with that kid. I thought I would come and say hi, but it looks like I scared him off."








"You didn't scare him off" I replied.  Lyle was such a sweet kid, now that I remembered him. I wished we had talked more when we ran into each other.
"Oh I didn't?" Brenton pulled his arms out wide to stretch his back. "Then  why didn't he stay?" He said slyly, as if he was trying to prove some point.
I was getting annoyed how Brenton thought everyone worshiped him. Alright, it was kinda true, but it was still getting on my nerves. "I don't know, Brenton. Why don't you go ask him" I snapped back.




He laughed and pulled me into a hug. I have to admit that these butterflies in my stomach were reaching maximum capacity  and I couldn't help but to laugh too. I wasn't sure why was laughing or why he was laughing either.
"Sorry, Jay" He apologized giving me one last squeeze.  " I didn't mean to offend your little friend or whoever that is."





"What are you doing here anyways?" He asked.
The whole thing with my sister came back to me real fast.
"I was going to call you"  I said quietly, regretting telling him that. "But it's nothing."
"I'm not dumb" he said looking me hard in the eye.
I couldn't help thinking that that was a total lie, I've seen his test scores.
"I was wondering if there was anything between you and my sister" I blurted out.


Someone like me ,Someone like me




He looked mad. And annoyed . And nervous.
I wanted to book it out of there, just start running like I never asked that question. But the damage was done and his eyes were fire.
"We were." He said, fixing his gaze on a tree behind me. He didn't want to look me in the eye and I felt it.
"Oh.." I didn't know what to say, so I asked the most obvious question. "Well what happened?"
He gave me a look of disgust. "If you really want to know, ask her. She'll be thrilled to tell you."
And with that he walked away.
I've been roaming around, Always looking down at all I see..



No comments:

Post a Comment