Monday, April 2, 2012

Chapter 31 - Nice to Meet You

The bell had just rung it's three chimes to let us out of school. Everyone rushed out, not wanting to spend another second in this "hell hole".
I didn't really mind school so I packed all my things up, taking my time.
 I thought I was the only one left in the room as my teacher ran out shouting something about the copy room.




But I could hear someone walking over towards my desk, not bothering to conceal their footfalls, the wooden  floor creaking ever so slightly.
I had no idea who it could be, but I wasn't going to turn around like I was interested. No way was I staying after to tutor some helpless jock again. I finished packing my stuff up, ready to leave. 




"There you are" I heard his voice from behind me, and I knew that voice very well.
It was Brenton Creech, one of those "popular" guys that Remus and Raven hung out with.
He was like their little ring leader, and he was talking to me.

"Hey, Jay!" he said clapping his hands together to get my attention, like I was  dog.
"You there?" He asked. This time I could hear the smile on his face.
I hadn't realize that I totally zoned out. There I was making a complete fool out of myself in front of the most popular guy in school.
I guess I was shell shocked, I mean he was talking to ME.


 I  got up, trying not to reveal  how utterly surprised I was.
"Oh sorry I was just thinking about this project I have that's due" I said, trying to make up an excuse for my blank stares.
"No biggie" he said smoothly. I could see that devil look in his eyes that Brinson mentioned once, and boy was it cute.

He walked over to me and held out his hand.
"I don't think I've ever properly introduced myself" he said.
I took it and he shook my hand. I'm pretty sure a cold chill ran up my spine but I can't remember. My heart was beating way too fast and too hard and I couldn't hear over my own thoughts.
"It's nice to meet you" I breathed, hoping he wouldn't notice how small my voice was.

He laughed and I'm sure my heart exploded. I didn't have a crush on him. No, that wasn't me. It was my mind playing tricks on me because he was Brenton. BRENTON CREECH.
"We're all going to Maguire's this weekend" He said letting go of my hand. How long was I holding on for?  "I thought it would be nice to invite you," he said pulling out his phone "since you're Raven and Remus's sister. And it's also nice to get to know someone who you don't really talk to."
Yes, yes it is I thought. 



"Oh and just so I can remind you, what's your number?"
I recited him my seven digits like they were lottery numbers.

~~~
I had to find Brinson. She would be so excited for me. Not to mention that before Brenton left I had managed to get Brinson invited too.
I told her everything and of course it was so like her to not be able to contain her excitement.



"Do you know what this means for us?" She looked like she was going to pee her pants. That was one of the best things about her, she was so sporadic and she didn't even care.
"No, I don't" I said laughing at the way she looked.
"We are one of them now" She said, fists flying through the air.





"Not necessary" I said, trying not to be a total downer on Brinson. "This is the first time they actually invited to us to hang out, and it could be the last" 



  "But you don't understand," She started to explain, her excitement starting to anti-climax.
"I don't get how I don't understand -" I started.


 "Why you then? Out of all people he picked you." She gave me a smirk with a little wink before we walked out of the school together.



No comments:

Post a Comment