Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chapter 28 - Cool Glass of Lemonade

 Erin ran into the bathroom, pushing open the door with so much force that it banged hard into the opposite wall, then closed itself.
"What was that?" She heard her husbands distant yell.
She managed to shout a quick,"Nothing!" back before she vomited in the toilet.
"It can't be Arlie's cooking" She said out loud to herself, as she flushed everything she just ate down the toilet.


 "I just don't think she likes me at all" Ted cried after a few drinks to Harrison.
"It's okay buddy," Harrison said, ordering another drink. "She's just a little tough, you know how she is."
"I know" he sobbed again. "Another drink please" Ted ordered.

A party was being held at the local dive bar to celebrate the defeat of Vlad, and only the finest guests were invited.

 Xavier, now old, used his cane and walked promptly into the party like a sir.

and other guests..
 ...like Chad, cried tears of joy, or just plain tears.

 Nothing that a little dancing with the best friend can't cure !

 Or.. dancing with future..maybe.. lovers?

All in the same, the night continued on with laughter, joy and excitement. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

 "This is a nice break" Erin said glancing around at everyone having a good time as she danced.
"Yeah, beats staying home" Harrison grinned. "But we can still have fun at home later " he winked at her making her blush.
"Oh stop" She laughed. She was twirled around in his arms one last time before they stopped dancing.
"May I buy you a drink?" he offered out his hand.
"You may" She smiled, taking it.

 She sat down at the bar, Harrison right behind her.
"I'll have a lemonade" She announced the bar tender.
Xavier came around the corner just as she got her glass. "Lemonade? It's a party for Christs sake have a drink!"
Harrison laughed, Xavier was such a drunk that he had to criticize  anyone who didn't have a drink at a party.
"I'd rather not" Erin smiled as she touched the class to her lips, ready to take a much needed gulp of the cold lemonade.
"What are you, pregnant?" Xavier roared, drunker then ever.
She spit out her lemonade which seemed so splatter across the whole counter.
"Erin are you..?"

But Erin didn't let Harrison finish. She stood up from the bar stool,

 "I think I might be" she whispered.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, a little hurt.
"Well I didn't know for sure, I mean it could just be Arlie's food but -"
"It's not Arlies food" he stated.
"I know but I wanted to make sure I really was pregnant before I told anyone." She grabbed his shoulders. " But I really think I am"

 He pulled her into his arms and squeezed her tight. "I'm so excited" he whispered. "There is nothing more that I want then a family with you "

 "So it's true then?" Arlie approached with a present.
"Huh..." Erin completely forgot that Arlie has special abilities.
"Well I have this present for you, because you are indeed pregnant. But no worries, I haven't told anyone"
Arlie smiled, handing Erin the present, the looked past Erin and saw Chad who was staring with the blankest face possible for what he had just overheard.

Erin opened the present to find a three oranges all different sizes.
Erin laughed and was about to turn around to secretly 'dispose' of them when she ran right into her dad.


 "Is it true?" He asked, his face very grave.
Erin was scared. Why was her dad so not excited by this news?
"Well yes it has just been confirmed... I was just going to tell you but these oranges and -"

 "Oh sweetie I'm so happy " Chad said hugging her daughter .
"Don't ever mess with me like that again" Erin said, relived that her dad wasn't actually upset about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The night continued on, and one by one people started leaving.
 And others stayed.

 Erin did find out she was in fact, pregnant.
 ~~~~~~

 "Can you predict your own future?" Erin asked Arlie as they sat down for lunch.
"No" Arlie answered. "And it's not really predicting it's more like they come to me. I can't summon what is going to happen." She explained.

 "Well something weird came to me" Erin said, watching Arlie eat.  "This purple-haired guy came to me in a dream, well maybe I wasn't dreaming? I can't remember..." She said with a coy smile.
"And what is that?" Arlie stuffed an overloaded fork into her mouth.
"He told me that he wanted going to marry you. Weird right? I just can't remember who it was" her sarcasm grew stronger. "Oh, right. it was Brian"
Arlie choked on her food, causing her to bang on her chest. Food flew out of her mouth and sprayed the once clean table.
~~
 "Woah! And that's him kicking?"
"Yep" Erin smiled. "That's our little Remus!"
~~~
 "So I heard that you're going to ask her soon?" Harrison questioned Brian.
"WELL.." Brian's bad poker face  was interrupted by screaming from the basement..

 "IT'S HAPPENING!" Erin yelled, sucking in sharp breaths.
Harrison whisked her away to the hospital .
~~
 And as  a congrats present Arlie adopted them a dog! His name is Captain Manicorn xD
~~
 They waited for what seemed like forever in the hospital waiting room.

 Then Erin fianally came out, glitchy baby Remus in hand.

~~


1 comment:

  1. Captain Manicorn!!! Doo doo doo DOOOO!!!

    Loved Xavier walking around with that cane xD

    ReplyDelete