Friday, January 6, 2012

Chapter 22 - Memories Reminding

 Arya walked through the doors of her grandmothers old home.
She touched the door frame on her way in. A flash of memories came back as she remembered a fresh summertime when her grandma kept the door wide open to let in a breeze.
This would be the last time she walked through those doors.

She walked up the stairs, ignoring the twins who were in a deep conversation about the evil manicorns which  now secretly ran Ulaysia.

They had been using the house as a base. They, as in the good guys, who were on the run from the police. Injustice led them into running. They only stayed in a house for about  a week, but now the cops had a good sense of their movements. It was time to head out again.

 Arya marched back down the stair in silence. It was time to leave, even though it would be hard. A place that held so many memories was like an old friend.
"We need to leave now" Teddy said. "Arlie is already on her way to the abandoned house. Everything we need is there."
"I know the plan" Arya snapped at him. "I'm not stupid, Ted."
Teddy stared into her eyes. "I know this is hard for you, but you have to realize it's hard for us too."
Breaking his gaze he walked out the door, leaving Arya standing alone in the house.
She sighed and left after him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 "There you guys are!" Arlie said happily as she walked across the room of the empty house. "It only took you guys forever. Everything is packed and ready to go." She stopped a little ways from Arya, sensing her bad mood.
"Are you strong enough to transport?" Teddy asked Arya. A recent rundown from the cops left her with a bad ankle.
"Yeah I'm fine" She said, looking blankly out the nearest window.
"Right, well you guys just grab onto me because I know exactly where our destination is!" Arlie exclaimed.

Arya and Teddy grabbed on to her arm, all three of them vanished into the air.

 "Oh look the sun must of gone down while we transported!" Arlie said. "Good thing too I brought the fire and our sleeping bags. I'll take first watch if it's fine with you guys."
No one objected to Arlie's suggestion and they set up camp.

 "Ugh she just passes out everywhere." Arya rubbed her eyes with her hand. "I'm so beat. Ted I'm going to sleep, do you mind watching out for tonight? I promise I'll cover for you whenever."
"No problem." Ted said, laughing at his sisters ability to do the exact opposite of what she says.

 "Looks like around four more days until they arrive." Ted announced as he walked out of the tent.
"Do you think these hot dogs will last until then? They are quite delicious." Arlie continued to eat her hot dog.
Arya scowled. "No they're not going to last, Arlie. We'll just make new ones. And have you spoken to Harrison? What's his plan?"
"Right after the wedding we expect that Vlad will try convincing Erin to come with him back here. If she doesn't agree he'll end up taking her by force. I told Harrison about where we are so they will have no problem escaping." Teddy sat down to eat.
Arya looked at him as he grabbed a hot dog. "Who is they?" She asked, worried.
"The whole family." Teddy answered, smiling.
"The more the merrier!" Arlie exclaimed excitedly.
"Right.." Arya took another gloomy bite into her sandwich.


 ___________________________________________________________________________________
 "Dad.. can  I ask you something?" Erin asked Chad as he was about to head back inside.
"I just ran out of cash you'll have to go to the bank..."
"No dad, I wasn't going to ask you for money.. it's like you just assume.."
Erin was cut off. "Well what is it then? I'm about to head to bed Erin, you know I've been working long days."
"I'll make it quick then!" Erin said embarrassed that her dad didn't want to talk. "I have this feeling that something bad's going to happen... I've been having weird dreams of fires and unicorns, and it's all just really weird! I don't know what's going on. You and mom are in the dream, some strange people with hair..weird colors.."
"You're going crazy" Chad said, nervous. He didn't want to tell her anything as he was informed that Arya and Teddy were the ones who needed to inform her.

 "You're hiding something from me." She said, her anger filling her mind as she stared down her father. "Don't make that stupid face! That just proves it!"

 "Well..." he began. He told Erin about his mother being the princess of Ulaysia when they had first got married. He told her about how when her mother died she became Queen, taking on the war that was going on there.
"That's why I never met grandma.."
"But that's not all.." He explained to Erin how she was next in line for throne and how Mandie was supposed to marry Harrison's father because he had  good manicorn blood in him, a strong bloodline.
 "You're telling me, that I have special powers with fires, that the one in the barn wasn't an accident. That those dreams are real.. and that Harrison is .. is.. one of us?" Erin took in the shock as her father tried to comfort her.
"I'm not supposed to tell you anything, so I can't tell you a lot more. When you get married, your fate will seal with Harrisons, causing things to happen. It's so complicated right now, hunny, I wish you could know."
Erin nodded and went into her bedroom. What the hell is going on!?
And then she remembered the day her grandfather died.....



He gravitated closer. "We were all born to die, but that's just general. It happens to everyone."
Erin wasn't even listening her sobs were so loud.
"But you, my dear," It seemed impossible but his smile got bigger, "were born for something greater."
She looked up from her hands and noticed his face was serious now.
"You'll always be your mother and fathers little princess, a true princess."
The grin on his face was back, and he walked away alongside the man in the dark cloak.



She climbed up to the balcony of her room, hoping that some along time would help her gather her thoughts on everything that she had just heard.

 Only if Dodo could talk.. she thought to herself.
She brought him out of his cage and rested him onto her arm.
"If I ever leave, I'll make sure to keep you cage open" she said, now talking out loud to the bird. "If I ever leave, I want you to find me, and bring me something that will remind me of home."
She put Dodo back into his cage. She went back down the her bedroom, leaving the cage opened.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I can't wait to see what happens next.
    I hope they all get out okay >_<

    ReplyDelete