Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chapter 21 - Happy Birthday!

 "We have about a week" Arlie gave the news to Arya. "Her birthday is just around the corner and the marriage will follow after."
"I need more time" Arya replied, scracting her head. "This has to end up perfect or lives will be cost."
"We will get through okay." Arlie said reassuring her. "The war is almost over."

 "Look at you all dressed up for your birthday!" Erin joked with Harrison.
"Aw come on, my mom thought it would be a good idea, dress to impress."
"Of course it was. But who are you trying to impress?"
"No one" Harrison replied with a foolish smile.

 The two families gathered around for Harrison's birthday.

 "Make sure to wish for something." Erin said to him, excited for him. But he looked serious, and Erin just took this as one of those "I'm becoming a man " jokes.
"I know what I'm wishing for."

 He blew out the candles, and before everyone stood a young man.

"...And remember to apologize to my cousin." Brian said, handing Rosalind flowers.

Erin was eating her cake when Rosalind took across from her.
"I'm sorry for everything I've done" Rosalind looked down at her cake. "It's my fault for the things that used to go on at school and I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. I've changed though. Brian made me realize that there's more to life than putting down others to make myself feel better."
Erin appreciated the apology, but it didn't really bother her anymore. "It's fine" Erin said, taking another bite of the cake. "Honestly. The drama is nothing to me anymore. It's all in the past."
Rosalind nodded, and pushed out of her chair, ready to get up.
"Wait," Erin said, putting her fork down. "You can come over tomorrow for my birthday if you'd like. I'm not sure if Brian told you."
"I'd love to" She smiled and walked away.

Erin left right after Rosalind got up to find the birthday boy.

 "Why the long face?" Erin questioned him, getting closer.
"Nothing" he said, not meeting her gaze. "Just business stuff."
Erin searched his eyes for more, she could sense his bluff. " I don't believe you" She finally said.
"Do you trust me ?" Harrison asked, narrowing his eyes.
"Of course I do" Erin replied a little scared.

 "Then trust me when I say it's nothing" laughing, he pulled Erin into a hug. "That was pretty funny you got real scared!"
"Shut up!" Erin laughed and playfully punched him. "I'm going to go shower. Don't leave until I'm done.. Okay?"
He promised and she left to get ready for bed.

 While Erin went off to the shower Harrison left to seek out Chad.
"Congrats Harrison!" Chad took Harrisons hand to shake it. Chad's voice dropped, "You're of age now. You know what that means."
Harrison nodded. "That's what I needed to ask you..."
"But you already know my answer."
"That's not the point. I know it has to be done for Ulaysia, but I still do love her" Harrison said. "But I wanted to properly ask you because I wanted it to be a proper wedding."

 "Go on then" Chad said, laughing softly at how strong headed Harrison was.
Harrison laughed too. "Do I have permission to marry your daughter?"
"No." Chad laughed hard, until her realized Harrison wasn't laughing at all. "I'm joking, son. Of course you can marry her. She loves you and I know that it is whats best for her."


 "It's my birthday today!" Erin said excitedly to her cousin. "And you're stuck in school how sad" Erin added, rubbing it in that she would never be going to school again.
"My days at school are numbered." Brian said lazily.
"You're birthday's not for a while though" Erin pointed out.
"Birthdays aren't the only thing that can stop a person from going to school." Brian smirked and left the room, leaving Erin to wonder what he was going on about.

 Erin's family gathered around the cake. Unfortunately  Harrison's family could not make it as they were out of town for a business trip. Erin found this quite odd; then she remembered when he asked if she trusted him, and thought it was better not to question his where a bouts.

 She looked just like her mother.

 Erin was taking out the garbage when a car pulled up to the house.
Harrison got out and walked over to Erin, "Happy birthday, love" he said grabbing her hand.
She smiled at him and led him into the house.

They spent the night hanging out with her family. It was Harrisons idea, and when Erin asked why he said it was good to spend time with family.
By the time he left that night there was a shiny engagement ring on her hand.

1 comment: