Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chapter 19 - PR0M?

 Exercising was the only thing that kept Erin going. She felt like it was in her blood to work out all the time, something she could have inherited from her grandfather.

 Amy had her bachelorette party. The whole time was filled with dancing and spraying each other with nectar.
 A 'life guard' ended up coming to 'save lives' but no one really payed attention to him because the nectar war was still being held.

 "Ugh. Can't you just do this homework for me instead of trying to help me" Erin said to her cousin.
He painted more of the sky. "No because then you'll never learn".
"Well you know this stuff so you should just tell me and I'll figure it out later! I'm never going to use this when  I'm older!"
Erin gave up with her homework and headed off to Harrison's house. She wanted to know why he had ran away that night. 
"Oh hello" Harrison's mom, Adele, answered the door.
"Oh you were at my aunts party.." Erin stated...super awk. 
"Uhm yes" Adele blushed. She was still wearing the same clothes as before. "Well Harrison will be home in just a minute why don't you come inside" she waved Erin into the house. 





 How weird was it to wait in someone else's house when they weren't home.
This is weird... Oh look a fire place! 


 Erin thought against lighting the fire after previous encounters with them but decided to lights the logs anyways. It was a bit cold and she couldn't spot any blankets.

 Ahh this feels so good on my butt. She thought, turning around to warm her cheeks.
"I'm guessing you didn't know I was here?" said a voice from the corner of the room.
Erin was stunned. When did he get here?! 
"Oh. No. But usually when someone enters a room they make themselves noticed; you know, usually by saying 'hello'".
He smiled at her. "Come outside with me for a second."
"Not going to ditch me this time?" Erin said, her voice sharp.
He smiled weakly, "No that's what I wanted to discuss."

 Before they went outside he held out a present. "Here" he said handing it to her.
"What is this?"
"See that's the thing about presents. You open them and find out."
She looked at her toes. Duh...
She took the gift and unwrapped it. Beautiful chocolates were neatly arranged and wrapped in white tissue.
"Thanks" She said  looking up at him with surprise. She hadn't expected it at all.

He led her outside on the patio next to the pool. 
"I didn't mean to leave. Well I had to. My mom was on the other end, it was an emergency." He looked at her for forgiveness. "It was an emergency".
"It's fine. I mean at first I was a little upset that I had to eat alone but I guess I'm over it now." She smiled at him. What happened anyways?
"The fireplace caught the rug on fire. It's hard to understand, I guess you had to be there to see."
She laughed. "Trust me, I understand."

They sat in silence for a moment until he stood up, grabbing her hand.

"I'm sorry" he apologized again, this time more sincere. 
"It's fine" Erin said, blushing. She looked away hopeful that he didn't see it. 

 
"I really like you." he said. "I mean you're so different from all the other girls and you don't even worry about what they think about you !"
"Well that's not entirely true.." she started.
"No I think it is. Which I have been meaning to ask you.."
Erin's heart was thumping ! Of course she would date him!
"... Will you go to prom with me?"
Erin's heart sank just a little. Well it was better than nothing.
"I.. I.. Yeah, I'd love to"

1 comment:

  1. For a second, the way the bottle was, the "lifeguard" looked... nekkid. O_O

    Awww prom. That is better than nothing and maybe he'll ask her to go steady through prom x3

    ReplyDelete