Saturday, December 24, 2011

Chapter 18 - Ditcherz Ditch Her

 This cake is so nasty. Every single birthday the same friggin cake that makes me want to vomit everywhere.
But I still eat it because it's cake. And cake has frosting. And sugar. And fills up my stomach with ease. Heals the heart too, there's chocolate in it. 

The party wore her down. All she could  think about was sleep and there she is having weirdo conversations with herself about cake.

 "He's cute" Amy said as she was leaving the kitchen.
'He's cute' she  mocked her in my head. Erin never let her know about how she felt about anything. She kept those thoughts to herself.
I used to tell Martha everything.. She thought as her aunt dissapeared into the next room. that's when we were kids though. She was my only friend. Now that I think of it, I miss her.

 Erin and Martha reunited at the pool. It was Martha's  idea because usually no one goes to the pool. The other 'cool' kids idea of fun was trying to sneak into the club or use the bubble blowers.

 She went swimming while Erin tanned.She thought it  was nice to see her but it was still kinda super awkward.
They were the social outcasts of the school though. Martha was made fun of her weight and Erin was the girl who's mom ditched her when she  was a baby. Those losers didn't know the truth and I guess I really didn't either besides 'it's complicated'.

Erin noticed a guy walk into the pool area. And oh my goodness it was Harrison!
What the hell is he doing here for!  He doesn't see me.. I'll just stand up and walk away. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'll call Martha later and tell her why I left so early.

 But it was too late and Harrison had already spotted her.
"Where you going?" he asked as Erin froze in place. "Don't act like I can't see you" he laughed, "I can see that hair of yours from a mile away".

 "Oh well..." Erin turned around. It got darker out as the clouds were setting in. "I was er.. just going to get something to eat."
I'm such a terrible liar. I'm wearing a BIKINI. That is NOT what someone wears to eat!
"Mind if I join?"
"Uhh YeahthatwouldbealrightImeanifyouwantto"
Wow woman say your words right! 


 He accompanied her to the bistro. Erin went in to order her food thinking Harrison was right behind her.. but he left.

 How rude. Of course he's like that ! I should've known it was all a joke he didn't really want to hang out... that cake sounds good right about now.
Erin sat alone, eating her feelings like most teens do when they get ditched.

 Erin got home to Brian standing in the den. "Whataya up to twerp" Erin said, annoyed by everyone because of the latest events.
"What's gotten into you. You on your period or something?"
God, I ought to smack this boy . Smack the nerdiness right out of him.


 "Nope. No blood" He said pointing at Erin's zipper.
"You are so weird. You can't talk to girls like that, or you'll never get a girlfriend when your older".
Erin started walking to her room as he shouted back,
"That's okay I have books and a wild imagination. Plus, girls are gross".
Yes, he's definitely Xaviers son. Erin laughed as she closed the door out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Xavier got down on one knee, taking Amy by surprise.
She couldn't say no this time.
"What about now" Xavier said holding out the same box as before.

She held out her hand and he slid the dazzling ring onto her finger

 She stretched out her hand to admire it. Of course she said yes, deep down she really did love him.


1 comment: