Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chapter 15 - Colorz of the Sunset



Amy just happened to be outside when a man approached the house.
"I'm George Stewart" he introduced himself, "I need to talk to Chad. Is he available?"
Amy looked at the house wondering if Chad was even home or not. This guy could have just called instead of coming all the way out to the middle of no where.


Chad was home, and he was surprised that he had a visitor. George introduced himself. Chad shook his hand. He  didn't know why this guy was in his house. 
"Well seeing that you don't seem to remember my name from anywhere, I'll be straight to the point." He sighed, looking a little aggravated that Chad didn't know he was.
"I was supposed to be married to Mandie" he said, straight to the point. "I was supposed to have children with her because I was supposedly the last manicorn on the east coast." Understanding came across Chad's face. "I see you remember me now?"


Chad laughed. "Well yes, now I know who you are. Why didn't you take Mandie? Now my heart is broken... so much would have changed if you were her husband instead of me.."
"I know, Mandie is coming soon, though. I have spoken to her before I came. She was supposed to call you. And to answer your question, I didn't marry Mandie because I was in love with someone else."
This news took a lot off of Chad's shoulders. Mandie was coming to visit and he found more closure in Mandies mystery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Chad and Mandie were spending a lot of time together. They only had one day before Mandie went back to Ulaysia. She had changed so much since their teenage years. He still loved her unconditionally. 


They went out for dinner, Mandie told him stories of Ulaysia, the war being fought against "plasma sucking idiots". It made Chad laugh, his mother was once a vampire.


They talked on and on, a silence would abrupt occasionally. During that time they would just look at each other, remembering everything while it lasted.
"The one thing," Amy started, putting her fork back down on her  plate "the one thing that I would miss if I lived in Sunset for the rest of my life would be Ulaysia's Sunset. Imagine three suns setting at the same time, orange, yellow and purple. It's breath taking."
Chad agreed that it would be an  extraordinary. They finished up their food when Chad notice a glint of purple behind Mandie.


Mandie stood up, following Chad's eyes. Chad nodded and walked away to give them some privacy.


"Mom.." Erin couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Where have you been? I know Ulaysia, but why can't you visit ? What's going on? I call you all the time you don't answer me !" Erins eyes were filling with tears, she didn't bother to hold them back.


"It's hard" Mandie managed to say. "I left a letter on your bed explaining everything. Things will be better some day." 
She pulled Erin into a hug. She said goodbye to her, she had to leave soon and Chad still had to drive her off.



After Erin and Mandie said goodbye, Chad wanted Mandie to see one last place.
"If I left," Chad said turning toward the sunset,"I think I would miss this sunset. The changing colors always got to me, kind of amazed me. I didn't know why until we talked at the bistro earlier. This sunset always stays. Even if you're gone it's here to remind me. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww this chapter was so sweet but so sad. A very lovely ending to the generation though... -sniffle-

    ReplyDelete