Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chapter 25 - Let the Games Begin

 "I think someone's coming" Teddy announced, standing up from the picnic.
Arlie looked up from her food. "Oh it's just Brian, I saw him coming."
Teddy laughed. "Arlie, if you saw him coming why didn't you say anything? " he asked.
She sat silently. "I thought it would be a nice surprise."
She took another bite of her sandwich.

 Brian came up to them fast, breathing hard he told them what happened.
"Vlad was there, he said something about Erin's mom being a coward." He took a long steady breath. "We ran to the beach to get away, Harrison and Erin will be coming soon."

 Arlie came to interrupt Brian. "I can feel them coming now, they're all right" she said looking at Brian. "You should get a razor blade" she grabbed Brian's chin as he blushed, "You're going to need it"
The conversation was yet again interrupted, this time by Arya.
 "He said something about her mother?" she questioned him, sounding anxious.  "Did he say anything about blood.. anything about power?" Arya grabbed his shoulders begging for the answer.
"Yeah he said something about... look they're here!"
Arya turned to see the couple appear in front of them, holding each other.

"You're okay, you're okay." Harrison said as he  hugged Erin as she still held on to him tightly, eyes closed.  "No really, Erin. Let go now you're just hurting me."
"Sorry" she said quietly, releasing her strong grip from her husband.

 "You  guys made it okay?" Teddy asked. They obviously did make it to Ulaysia all right but he had to say something to get Erin and Harrison to stop staring at each other.
"We're fine. Chad held Vlad off long enough so we had time to get here faster then he did. He should be coming soon so let's get to the house so we can put up proper enchantments to keep him out."
Erin stood there, still a little dumbfounded.  "I'll just follow you guys" she said under her breath, feeling useless and still not knowing what was going on.

"Not bad" Teddy said as they got to the new house.
"I picked it out myself" Harrison said.  Erin stared at it in amazement. Ulaysia was so different then what she was used to . " I'm going to set up the place so Vlad can't come close. I'll see you guys inside."
Erin sat down on a bench in the garden, waiting for Harrison so be done on his trip around the perimeter of the property.
She was trying to remember everything Vlad said before she left, but only bits and pieces came up..
"I can't rule Ulaysia without her blood!" He now looked at Erin. "Your stupid mother. Oh she got pregnant with you to save herself! Don't you see ? I couldn't target her if there was a fresh bloodline - you!"


If only she could find about her mother.. what did he mean? 

Soon Brian came to sit next to her.  She had to admit, she did enjoy his company even if he was little brat when he was younger.
"I'm starting to figure things out." She said to Brian.
"Well I'll fill you in a little more... and then you need to get some sleep because you look like you just got out of  a cat fight"  Brian laughed, and Erin joined in too.
" Don't remind me" she said, And there's the Brian from my childhood  she thought to herself.

Brian explained to her a few things that he picked up from listening to Arya talk. One, Vlad was half manicorn, but only 25%, meaning he had powers, but he was really weak, and two, Arya suspected that Erin could be the only one to finish him off.



 She went to bed while it was still bright out, savoring the fresh feel of the warm sheets, and how the bed seemed to swallow her into a deep sleep...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 "Where are you going?" Harrison asked, walking up behind Erin.
"Trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do..." Erin said not sure of what she was talking about.
" Well if you come inside now we can help you."
Erin looked up at Harrison. He smiled and grabbed her hand, leading her back up the drive and into the house.

 "Well after gathering a lot of information me and Arya have figured everything out!" Teddy exclaimed, not trying to hide the excitement and happiness on his face.
"Go on with the news then" Harrison said, frowning at what he knew.

 "Should I be blunt about it, or would you like me to go out and say it as it is?" Arya asked Erin, who sat uncomfortably next to Arya. Erin wasn't so sure about her.
"Go ahead and say it, I'm tired of being left in the dark." Erin sighed.
"Well to start, Vlad is your half brother." She paused a little to see how Erin would react, but her face was still blank, so she continued on.
 "He thinks he has the right to the power of Ulaysia, but he can't have it unless you're dead, because you rightfully have the power. Yes your mom is in hiding, we know this. We're the ones hiding her. If Vlad get a hold of her and kills her, he's one step closer to you, and one step closer to the whole of Ulaysia. I think I put that as simply as I could, right?"

Erin nodded. She knew the answer to the question she was about to ask, but she asked it anyways, just to hear the truth out loud.
"So it's either kill him, or be killed?"

Brian stood up now, knowing that Erin wasn't going to handle this very well.
"Erin you have to unders-" he was cut off again by Erin who was pointing at his face.
"When did you get that?" She asked, completely off topic of the serious conversation they were having.
"What?" He said, his hand now feeling around his face for something he might have been unaware of.
"You've  grown up!" Erin giggled, "you have a nice little stubble going on!"
Brian looked down at the ground.."Erin, honestly we're trying to get stuff done here we can talk about my.. uh.. my stubble later... "

 "Yes, later." Arlie stood up now, facing Erin. "We're here to help you Erin.  We're here to fight for you ."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I was looking for you"
Brian jumped at the sound of Arlie's voice. He thought he was alone.
"You were?"  He asked, turning around.
"Yep. I wanted to see up close if that truly was a nice shadow of hairs roaming across your face"
Brian laughed at her remark. "Well yeah, it's here" He laughed, getting used to her weird personality.

 She got closer and grabbed his chin again, "Seems like I was right." she said as he blushed again.
"I told you to get a razor, you know you should have listend" Arlie said turning away.
"No, I think I like it" Brian laughed uneasily. God, she's so weird. he thought to himself.
"I kinda like it too" she said as she walked briskly away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 "I wonder what they're up to " Vlad thought out loud. "All they want to do is play games and tell secrets... They're like twelve year olds!
I'm glad I'm wiser than them. I don't need games and hiding spots to get what I want... no... "
"I have everything I need right where I want it"

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear >_< I was getting all excited about everything going on then the last bit made everything plummet. I don't like the sound of Vlad saying he has everything where he wants it. o_o

    ReplyDelete